Have you ever wished that your skin looked tighter, fresher, even had more shine? Do you wish that the imperfections of your skin didn’t define your look, and that your true original beauty could glow through? Whether you want to remove sun spots or smooth away fine wrinkles, facial peels offer an effective solution for those wishing to revamp their skin.
What is a facial peel?
A facial peel is a noninvasive technique that restores wrinkled, blemished, unevenly pigmented, or sun damaged skin. Using a chemical solution to peel away the skin's top layers, new cells are formed during the healing process producing a softer, smoother, tighter and younger-looking skin surface.
What are the treatment options?
Skin Dimensions Day Spa specializes in treatments using a specific Alpha Hydroxy Acid, known as ‘Glycolic Acid' Below is a list of peels with added strength used by the Soderstrom Skin Institute:
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids - Glycolic Peels
- Offered in varying strengths and concentrations, these peels are administered in a series of three, six, or nine treatments.
- Jessner's Peels
- Using three mild peeling agents, these peels exposes a new layer of rejuvenated skin in just one 2-3 minute process.
- TCA Peels
- Similar to Jessner’s peels, during this process varying concentrations of a mild acid are applied, peeling off the top layer of skin over a period of several days.
- Jessner's/TCA Peels
- This is a combination, medium-depth facial peel performed in 1 step where the Jessner’s peel is first applied followed by a TCA peel which corrects more severe sun damage.
What else should I know?
Home maintenance is a very important part of the facial peel process. Pre-peel facial prep, post-peel home care regimens and other ways in which you can maintain results will be discussed during your consultation.
Soderstrom Skin Institute is proud to exclusively offer, Skin Dimensions, SB, a line of products formulated with ultra pure, pharmaceutical-grade glycolic acid; to provide maximum efficacy with minimum irritation. This upscale line contains vitamins A, C, E, green tea polyphenols, and Co-Q10 to assist in minimizing free radical skin damage. It is important to regularly apply a moisturizing sunscreen of SPF 30 or more.These products can be purchased at Skin Dimensions Day Spa, Skin Dimensions Boutique, at all satellite locations, or through our online store.
For a consultation appointment with one of our physicians, please call 1-888-970-7546.